Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's Good For Banking is Good For Healthcare

If you happen to subscribe to Contigencies, the magazine of the American Academy of Actuaries, you might want to open up your issue arriving now in the mail. If you don't subscribe to it, let me give you a snippet of it. Actual article can be found here.

"Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation."

I have made it a point to be intellectually honest and not to curse in this blog, but golly gee hit me upside the head with a WTF stick, I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. So McCain is actually proposing that we do to the health care industry the exact same thing we have allowed to happen in the banking industry. I realize that the article was probably written months ago, but the timing is priceless. Which makes me wonder if the big guy upstairs is against McCain as well.

No comments: