Tuesday, September 30, 2008

McCain and the Confederate Battle Flag

I'll be honest. I don't really care what actual view McCain might have about the Confederate battle flag. I'm more interested in what he had to say afterwards when he was caught wanting it both ways. In a speech , McCain had this to say about the controversy about not giving an honest answer:

"As I admitted, I should have done this earlier, when an honest answer could have affected me personally. I did not do so for one reason alone. I feared that if I answered honestly, I could not win the South Carolina primary. So, I chose to compromise my principles. I broke my promise to always tell the truth. . . .

What do we learn from this?

1. McCain admits that he lies.

2. He'll compromise his principles.

3. He'll say whatever to get elected.

And that's the real McCain.

No comments: