Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Can Republicans Tell the Truth?

Someone said I was hard on Republicans and that I must think that nothing that comes out of their minds is the truth. Not true I said, and to prove it, I searched the Internet for a Republican who was being truthful.

And I found some comments by Sen. Chuck Hagel that demonstrate that Republicans can tell the truth. To be really fair and balanced, here's the link to the article from one other than Fox news. I can assure you that Hagel and myself rarely agree on anything, so it's not like I took the easy way out out here. Anyways, here's what Hagel said:

“She doesn’t have any foreign policy credentials. You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don’t know what you can say. You can’t say anything.”

“I think it’s a stretch to, in any way, to say that she’s got the experience to be president of the United States.”

“I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, ‘I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia. That kind of thing is insulting to the American people.”

The last line is where he screams the truth from the mountain top: it is indeed insulting to the American people.

No comments: