Sunday, November 2, 2008

Election Protection Wiki Portal

If you are concerned about clean elections and ensuring that everybody get to vote, and more importantly, gets their vote count, then this site may be of interest to you. This is something that strikes home with me because one year I went at it with the local registrar of voters because they didn't register my vote with the state. It basically came down to them saying that indeed they were legally bound to register my vote with the state but that they weren't going to do it. So then I was on the phone with someone from the secretary of state's office for my state and they said they couldn't register my vote because the county wouldn't send it to be registered. So dang it, my vote never got counted. So much for democracy.

No comments: