Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's Next?

It's been nearly a week, and while some have been celebrating, others have been sulking, and I have been trying to figure out what to do with this blog. I have decided to let it die a natural death.

Really, what's the point of beating up on the old man? He lost, gave a gracious concession speech and now will be back in the senate. He will probably win re-election in 2010. It will be interesting to see how he acts in the senate. Will he become an elder statesman who works for the good of all, or a bitter old geezer who throws a monkey wrench in everything? To be honest, he seems to have been more suited to be a gadfly challenging his own party than his party's standard bearer, so I think we might be surprised in the next couple of years. I think it would be great if he wrote a book and was as straight talking as he claimed to be before this campaign. I doubt I would buy it, but I would check it out from the library. I'd like to hear his opinions on why he thinks he lost. I'd like to hear who he really wanted to be his VP. Again, he's challenged his party in the past, so this would be a good opportunity for him to throw it all out on the table.

So what's next for me then? I was having a conversation Friday night with a couple of people who had read the blog. They encouraged me to continue in some fashion. The prevailing thought seemed to be towards something about Palin. Maybe something like "The Keep Palin in Alaska Blog" or "The Just Say No To Palin in 2012 Blog." To be honest, a negative orientated blog (like this one admittedly was) takes a lot out of you. And by my nature, I tend to me more of a positive person.

But what do you all think? Those have read this far along know my "voice," know my take on things (facts served straight up with a bit of sarcasm), know that I do care about the country even though I may stand on the fringes of its political system. What would you like to see me write about? Should I chronicle the missteps of the new president? Is there something else that seems suited for me? Leave me comments or email me at straighttalkonmccain@yahoo.com.

Anyways, aside from a post here or there directing people to one of my new projects, this will probably be it. Unless McCain throws his hat in the ring in 2012, then we'll start all over again. I would encourage you all to stay involved in the political process, and to keep fighting for what you believe in. Sometimes you'll lose (trust me on that as my record for never having casted a vote for a presidential winner remains intact) , and sometimes you'll win, and when you do, you'll know that it's all worth it. So I leave you all with a quote from the Romanticist Percy Shelley which has been my personal motto and guided me for over two decades:
"the good times will come"

4 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I hope you will keep writing a blog. I have been impressed with your logic and impeccable research.

I sent a lot of my blogging friends here and they liked it, too.

Thank you!

FEMily! said...

I hope you continue blogging too. You could make it about Obama and making sure he keeps his promises.

annie said...

Personally, I hope you keep writing! I have enjoyed reading your blog and would very much miss your wit and wisdom. We need someone to keep an eye out on the newly elected president! The research on the subject is/was impressive and your talent shows. Keep blogging, please!

Unknown said...

refurbished straight talk phones
Your site is for sure worth bookmarking.